The kind of visa that you require for entry into the UAE depends on several different factors such as nationality, the purpose of the planned visit and its planned duration.
If you are a national citizen of a GCC country you do not require a visa to visit the UAE. You will simply need to produce your GCC country passport or ID Card upon arrival at the point of entry into the UAE.
GCC Residents with high-ranking professional status such as company manager, businessperson, academic, doctor, engineer, pharmacist, or public sector employee are eligible for a non-renewable 30 days visa upon arrival in the UAE.
Visa on Arrival
Citizens of Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and the Vatican State can get a free-of-charge entry visa upon arrival at Dubai International Airport.
However; this list is subject to change based on diplomatic relations. Please check with the UAE embassy or consulate in each country to verify current visa requirements before coming to Dubai.
If you do NOT fall into one of the above categories, you will require a visa and a sponsor for your visit. The sponsor normally applies for the visa on your behalf. Valid sponsors include:
- Several of the Five, four and three star hotels can apply for visas on behalf of guests who have booked a stay with them – Tourist Visa (valid for 30 days); or a Service Visa (valid for 14 days); or a Visit Visa (valid for 30 days and can be extended for other 30 days).
- Some airlines & travel agencies can also assist with the visa. If you are flying with Emirates Airlines or Etihad Airways, a visit visa may be arranged upon request to the airline.
- Other Organizations based in the UAE may only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas.
Please make sure you give yourself enough time for your visa to be approved to be able to travel for the Forum. The Forum organizer (CLICKS) can provide a letter of support for the issuance of a visa. If you shall require a letter of support, please ensure you register to the Forum and provide us with a copy of your valid passport via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly, allow for 3 working days to process the letter.
Documents for visa application
- Passport must have minimum 6 months validity at the time of applying for an Entry Permit.
- All photographs are to be recent colour photographs. (Polaroid Photographs are not accepted)
- Those who are already in the U.A.E cannot get another entry permit until he/she departs from UAE.
Visa Invitation Letters
MENA HELF Policy requires attendees be registered and paid in full to receive a visa invitation letters to be issued. If you have an invitation letter request, please email email@example.com