Sustainability: from research to practice
Nick Davis, President, Middle East & Africa, THE (Times Higher Education)
This workshop led by THE offers a comprehensive exploration of sustainable leadership in higher education, focusing on key outcomes to empower university leaders. Participants will explore different successful models of sustainability and how these are integrated within institutional strategies and strategic planning. The practical workshop will emphasize on the development of a foundational understanding of aligning sustainability goals with the broader strategic vision of the university. Attendees will acquire practical strategies, tools, and frameworks to promote interdisciplinary teamwork, fostering a holistic approach to sustainability implementation within their academic environments and will be presented with a range of successful case studies in university-industry collaborations for sustainability.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Gain insights into successful models of sustainability integration within strategic planning, allowing them to identify applicable strategies for their institutions.
- Develop a foundational understanding of the key components and considerations when aligning sustainability goals with the overall strategic vision of the university.
- Learn effective practical strategies and tools and frameworks to implement within their institutions, promoting interdisciplinary teamwork and a holistic approach to sustainability.
- Explore successful case studies of university-industry collaborations for sustainability, gaining insights into effective partnership models.
- Acquire skills to negotiate and establish sustainable partnerships with external stakeholders, fostering collaborative efforts to address common challenges.
Who Should Attend?
University leaders, including presidents, vice-chancellors, provosts, vice presidents deans, and sustainability officers, who are interested in enhancing sustainability practices within their institutions.
- Practical insights into integrating sustainability into strategic planning.
- Strategies for fostering collaboration among university departments.
- Tools for effective communication and negotiation with industry partners.
- Case studies and examples of successful sustainability implementations in higher education.