MENA HELF 2015 Downloads
Workshop 1: Setting a Vision for Implementing e-Learning and Blended Learning in Higher Education.
Prof. Carmel McNaught, Emeritus Professor of Learning Enhancement, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Workshop 2: Leading Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
Dr. Julie Baldry Currens, Director, Academic Practice & Learning Enhancement, University of East London, UK
Workshop 3: Leading H.E Institutions of the Future Through Radical Innovation and disruptive Change: A recipe for success Based on Best Practice Thinking.
Prof. Mohamed Zairi, Executive Chairman of European Centre for Best Practice Management (ECBPM), UK
Keynote Address I: “The Winning Formulae for a Sustainable Future in Higher Education Limitless Possibilities fuelled by Innovation“.
Prof. Mohamed Zairi, Chairman, European Centre for Best Practice Management, UK
Keynote Address II: “Disruptive Innovation in Academia: Harnessing the Power of Technology to Drive New Models“.
Dr. Kathleen S. Ives, CEO & Executive Director, Online Learning Consortium (formerly The Sloan Consortium), USA
Keynote Address III:“Leading Universities through Complexity“.
David J. Lock, Director, International Projects, Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, UK
Keynote Address IV: “The Strategic Management of our Digital Future”
Prof. David Baker, Former Deputy Chair, JISC, UK
Keynote Address V: “Building a High Quality Educational Enterprise for the 21st Century: A Systems Approach to Innovation and Continuous Improvement“.
Prof. Nicholas Allen, Provost Emeritus and Collegiate Professor, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), USA
Keynote Address VI: “What do the latest U.S. News & World Report’s Best Arab Region and Best Global Universities rankings tell us about the state of Innovation and the Knowledge Economy in the MENA Region?“.
Mr. Robert Morse, Chief Data Strategist, U.S. News & World Report, USA
Keynote Address VII:
Dr. Dirk Van Damme, Head of Division, Directorate for Education and Skills, OECD, France
Panel Discussions Presentations
Controversial Debate: The Innovation Dilemma: Lessons Learned
Chair: Prof. Jeff Michelman, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Director of the Honors Program, University of North Florida, USA
- Prof. Mandla Makhanya, Principal and Vice Chancellor, UNISA, South Africa
- Prof. Barry Winn, Vice-Chancellor, Sohar University, Oman
- Prof. Ahmed M. Hamad, President, The British University in Egypt, Egypt
- Prof. Mohamed Yousif Baniyas, Executive Director of Higher Education, Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC), UAE
Panel Discussion I: The Role of Leadership in Creating and Nurturing a Culture of Innovation
Chair: Ms. Karima Mariama-Arthur, Founder and CEO, WORDSMITHRAPPORT, USA
- Prof. Jan Sadlak, President, IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence, France
- Dr. Kent D. MacDonald, President and Vice Chancellor, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Dr. Haifa Jamal Al Lail, President, Effat University, KSA
- Prof. Kevin Mitchell, Interim Provost, American University of Sharjah, UAE
Panel Discussion II: Innovations Trends and Future Challenges: How to build a better Future?
Chair: Prof. M Badr Aboul-Ela, Executive Director, Commission for Academic Accreditation, UAE & Vice-President, Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Prof. Ghassan Aouad, President, Applied Science University, Bahrain
- Prof. Tod A. Laursen, President, Khalifa University, UAE
- Prof. Hassan B. Diab, Vice President, Regional External Programs, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Dr. Mazen O. Hasna, Vice President & Chief Academic Officer, Qatar University, Qatar