4th MENA-HELF Theme
The theme of the 4th MENAHELF was carefully selected to provide ‘forward-looking’ thought leadership about the future of Higher Education in light of the 4th and future Industry Revolutions and discuss how Universities can respond to the rapid technological advancements and remain relevant.
Some of the key questions the Forum will aim to address include:
1. What challenges and opportunities does the 4th IR bring to the Higher Education sector both regionally and globally?
2. What role will Higher Education play in the 4th IR and future Industrial Revolution? How do we ensure the sector’s ability to respond with the required speed?
3. How can the Higher Education sector prepare future graduates for new careers that are being ushered by technological developments? What role will Universities play in re-skilling and upskilling the future workforce?
4. What institutional strategies and approaches will need to be considered to ensure universities best respond to disruptive technologies?
5. How should universities review their curricula, their pedagogical approaches and their assessments to respond to the 4th IR? How will the future learning environment look like?
6. To what extent do government policies take into account the challenges and opportunities of the 4th IR? What are the policy implications for the sector?
This year’s program involves plenary sessions with distinguished keynote addresses, two interactive panel discussions, three round tables, and institutional ‘case studies’ presentations, as well as three pre-forum workshops organized by our partners from Blackboard, PwC and AdvanceHE. Also, the Forum will offer plenty of other formal and informal networking opportunities that will permit participants to meet new colleagues and reconnect with others they may know.