6th MENA-HELF Objectives
- To reﬂect on the various disruptive forces which are impacting the Higher Education ecosystem and determine strategies and ways to address them
- To reach to a common understanding of what is meant by the ‘Engaged University’ and how universities should revisit their purpose and act to serve the common good of their communities and support sustainability efforts.
- To discuss what the future workforce will require and explore how universities can contribute to the ‘knowledge-based economy’ through offering a rich student experience, re-thinking teaching and learning and engaging with skilling, re-skilling and upskilling the future workforce.
- To discuss how universities are positively promoting and nurturing creativity, innovation while leveraging on technological advancements to solve some of the most pressing socio-cultural, economic, political and environmental challenges.
- To share good practices and success stories where institutions from across the globe have been positively planning and transforming themselves across various areas.
- To examine ways through which diﬀerent stakeholders including government and industry (public and private) can work closer together to drive positive change and support socio-economic development.